Jennifer Cortis C.H. Ed Dip Yoga
Jennifer Cortis is a registered teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
When Jenny (Jennifer Cortis) first began practicing yoga, over seventeen years ago, her tutor recognised her genuine interest and flair for yoga and took a personal interest in her practice and education in yoga philosophy. With his encouragement and the support of her friends and family, Jenny pursued official yoga training with various yoga institutions and continues to take regular workshops throughout her teaching career, which began in 2000.
Jenny’s yoga training included:
- Yoga, Meditation and Tantra – Ananda Marga.
- Yoga and Anatomy & Physiology – Kevala Centre, UK.
- Prana Flow Vinyasa – Shiva Rea, Exhale Center for Sacred Movement, Venice, Los Angeles.
- Ayurveda – Maria Garre, Exhale Center for Sacred Movement, Venice, Los Angeles.
- History of Yoga – Christopher Tompkins.
- Yoga Trance Dance – Shiva Rea, Club Lite, Amsterdam.
- Bhakti Yoga – Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math.
- Vinyasa in the Krishnamacharya Tradition – Mark Whitwell.
- Dynamic Vinyasa Flow – Sean Corn.
In 2016, Jennifer Cortis was awarded the membership level of Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT) with Yoga Alliance Professionals. This allows her to share her experience through Yoga Alliance CPD workshops in Malta for the continuing professional development of yoga teachers, advanced yoga practitioners and health professionals.
Jenny has explored several different yoga traditions and teaches a style of yoga that is based on Prana Vinyasa, which uses movement and breath to awaken, transform and sustain consciousness.
Jenny believes that optimal health includes physical well-being, emotional stability, mental peace and universal love. Her guidance on all levels of body, mind and spirit is rooted in vinyasa krama, which is based on Krishnamacharya’s teachings. Her vision is to help people reconnect with a simple, sustainable approach to holistic health and inner joy.
Jenny’s yoga studio, the Lotus Room, is based in Malta, however yoga holidays are also hosted in various places around Europe.